Saturday, March 8, 2008

Why I love Saturdays

This is why I love Saturdays. I slept in till 0730 this morning (yes thats sleeping in, I usually get up at 0445!) Matt and I went to IHOP for breakfast. We split a huge cheese and meat filled omelet, hash browns and pancakes!! Then we saw 10,000 BC at like 10:00 in the morning!! It was a new release and no one was there! We got our favorite seats. Matt even stretched out over 4 seats for part of the movie!! It was great, that never happens, especially at the Parks theater. After the movie Matt came home and fell right into bed. (He had played World of Warcraft all night long and had not gone to bed yet. ) I on the other hand, prepared to catch up on all of my taped shows for the past two weeks. ( Lost, America's next top Model, etc) I snuggled up on the couch with a couple pillows and a fleece blanket and vegged out for a few hours. Very nice and peaceful. I like not sleeping in till noon cause I fell like my one day without anything to do is over too quickly. Matt on the other hand is nocturnal and hardly ever sleeps at night. I however can not sleep when it's light out, funny how God brings people together who are opposites.


On another note, I am happy to announce that after much prayer, Matt will begin Pilot training on May 5th. It costs a great deal of money but the Lord has allowed our bank loan to be fully approved. In my opinion, an education is priceless. Flight school will last till sometime in September. Then our big prayer will be for him to find a job so he can build up his flying hours and be able to fly commercially. Maybe by this time next year we will be in a house!! I pray an early prayer that the Lord direct and guide us in such a big decision! Here is a picture of a house in Dallas that I've had my eye on. It's a tad out of our price range but my fingers are crossed.... (It's only 1.3 million!)


Young Life is going awesome. Matt and I have been involved in helping lead the Mansfield YL Club for 8 months now! It has been such a blessing and a great opportunity for us to grow and be missionaries in our own community. The reason we decided to do YL is primarily because all of our best friends from high school are involved in it so it made getting involved doubly fun! Here are some pictures from last weeks club. We all work together really well together!

Practicing our Hula Hoop skills before the kids arrive

Before club Worship:
The Mathletes

No comments: